It’s officially sweater 天气. And if you’re anything like us, this means matching knitwear, pumpkins carved to 你的宠物的 likeness 和一个 camera roll filled with photos documenting your adventures together. It also means gearing up for the cooler months ahead. 在这里, we’ve compiled our top pet safety tips to help you and your four-legged companion enjoy the fall and 冬天 天气
As the days grow shorter, you may find yourself taking evening walks in the dark. These handy tips will help keep you and your pup safe:
1. Make sure you and your dog are visible by donning reflective gear and 发光的配件.
3. If your pup loves to play, bring along some light-up or 在黑暗中可以发光的玩具 and find a safe spot for a game.
While they may be our personal lap warmers, pets can get chilly throughout the fall and 冬天 months. 在这里 are the best ways to help them stay toasty:
4. 衣服: 层次感很重要 to maintaining 你的宠物的 body temperature in 冬天 天气. 毛衣和夹克 can be beneficial for shorthaired dogs and small dogs who lose their body heat faster. Water-repellent gear can protect any pup from freezing rain and snow. (Just make sure it covers their belly for optimal comfort.)
5. Nose-to-Toes保护: It’s important to shield your dog’s sensitive areas from the elements. 使用一个 爪子香油 为了保护 你的宠物的 paw pads against snow, ice and salt. 雪橇狗 can also help keep their feet warm and dry. If it’s a particularly cold or windy day, make sure to apply a 鼻子香油 为了防止冻伤 and try to limit their time outdoors.
6. 冬天的黄金法则: Always remember, if it’s too cold for you, it’s too cold for them. Even bundled up, pets can be susceptible to freezing temperatures and wind chill. You can limit time outdoors by not staying out any longer than you need to.
It can take a while for your pup to adjust to 雪橇狗, so it's best to ease into things slowly (with lots of treats and encouragement). Start by putting booties only on their front feet. Then play or go on a walk so they associate their new shoes with fun times. Repeat with booties only on their back feet. Once your dog is comfortable, you can slip on the whole set for everyday outings.
On chilly days, spending time 在一个温暖的地方 with hearty dishes and engaging activities is the perfect way to pass the time.
7. 请他们吃一顿热乎乎的饭: Because cold air carries less moisture, it can lead to dehydration. A dull coat or dry skin can be a sign that your pet needs more moisture in their diet. To keep them hydrated, try adding a warm 骨头汤 or 羊奶 给他们的碗加点酒 and make sure to keep their water bowl full.
8. 训练他们的大脑: When it’s too cold to spend time outside, set up some fun indoor 铀浓缩活动 让你的宠物保持忙碌. Mental stimulation can be just as tiring for them as a long walk. Plus, brain games help with bonding and boosting confidence.
Looking out for our pets is one of the most important ways we show our love. 通过遵循这些简单的方法 冬天 pet safety tips, you can ensure they stay comfortable and cozy all season.